Hue's Fondant Cakes



Recently, I, Hue, enrolled in a Wilton Fondant Cake Decorating Class. It was a four week course with a class a week. It was lots of fun and I got a chance to decorate two cakes! The first one was at the second meeting and the second one was at the last meeting. I can't wait to make and decorate more cakes.

Here's the finished cake #1 - Learned to cover the cake, drape, and make carnations. I used the Crazy Chocolate Cake recipe and made a raspberry jam and buttercream filling. Fortunately, I was able to share it at my friend's baby shower. It was a hit!

Above is cake #2 - I made a thank you cake for the staff at Noah's Town who faithfully cared for our kids every Sunday during service. The flowers were made at the 3rd class. The box and side trimmings were learned at the last class. Everything is either fondant or gum paste and thus edible (although kinda artificial tasting). Joshua loves the fondant. The cake was yellow cake with Raspberry Mousseline buttercream. I used these baking strips when baking the cakes and they worked out marvelously to make leveled cakes. I was amazed. Also, the Mousseline buttercream was very nice - smooth, fluffy and not too sweet. I tend to prefer the baking buttercream over the non - baking buttercream for this reason.





Comments

Jane said…
Beautiful!!!
Anne Eurose said…
As always, Hue, everything you do is just perfect :). I wish I could taste them too (hehe). Miss you guys!
Anonymous said…
Impressive!!!! Wow I never would've attempted such a thing. Very nice and professional. Will we be seeing you on those food TV competition shows soon? -stephanie
Peggy said…
WOW, the cakes looked beautiful! So are you ready to open your own bake shop now? ;-)
Darrell said…
What talent! The cakes look far to beautiful to eat.
Anonymous said…
Just one word...wow!
Victoria
Anonymous said…
After seeing what kind of creations that you can make out of play-doh, I'm not that surprised that you can make such beautiful cakes! :) -Judith

Popular Post Testing